The Extended Certificate in this course is delivered at both sites. This is equivalent to one A-level.
A grade 5 in English and Mathematics and GCSE Business grade 5 recommended.
Two external written examinations:
- The Local Business Environment 90 minutes 60 marks
- The Wider Business Environment 90 minutes 60 marks
Three external written examinations:
- Operating in a Local Business Environment 120 minutes 80 marks
- The UK Business Environment 120 minutes 80 marks
- The Global Business Environment 120 minutes 80 marks
Business Studies is an exciting and varied subject which offers successful candidates a wide range of choice at both undergraduate study and in the world of work.
During the course you will study a wide range of topics, including marketing and advertising, finance and accountancy, leadership and management, and micro and macro-economic theory.
The course is designed to develop skills which can be applied in the workplace, and places an emphasis on promoting entrepreneurship and enterprise activity.
At A/S Level (Year 12):
- Business objectives and strategic decisions
- External influences facing business
- Marketing and marketing strategies
- Operational strategy
- Human resources
- Accounting and financial considerations
At A level (Year 13):
As above plus
- The global environment of business
Business Studies is a very popular choice at undergraduate level, and there are many ways in which you could continue your studies. You may choose to study Business in combination with another subject, or as a specific choice on its own. You may also choose to specialise in an area of study that you find interesting or that suits your career choice (such as marketing, finance or human resource management).
Many Business Studies courses are sandwich courses, which combine three years of study with a one-year placement in industry.
You may choose to take the direct employment route on the completion of your A ‘Level, and there are a wide range of apprenticeships and jobs-with-training that are available both locally and further afield.
Students who have studied with us are now working in accountancy, business administration, human resource management, public relations, project management, teaching, and commodities trading, to name but a few.